American Muslims in the 2016 Election and Beyond: Executive Summary
In the midst of a polarized and heated election season in 2016 where Muslims were frequent subjects of national debate, the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU) set out to discover what American Muslims wanted for themselves. ISPU researchers set out to answer three key questions:
- Why: What is the case for American Muslim civic and political engagement?
- What: What are the main policy priorities for American Muslim communities?
- How: What do American Muslim communities need to do in the short term and the long term to increase political participation
ISPU researchers based their analysis and recommendations on:
- A literature review of 'Get Out The Vote' best practices
- In depth interviews with more than 30 civic leaders
- A 2016 ISPU nationally representative poll of American Muslims
- Extensive additional qualitative feedback from our advisors, Muslim community leaders and community members
Insert your information to download the report.
ISPU uses this information to see which organizations and individuals are using our materials in an effort to better serve our audiences. We’ll also contact you (infrequently) with new research updates so you’re up to date on the latest from our research team.