To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Strategic Planning Intern will provide day-to-day information gathering, synthesis of information, and administrative support to the ISPU Strategic Planning Task Force (four members of the ISPU Board and the Executive Director). The goal of the task force is to draft the ISPU Strategic Plan for 2020–2023, based on modifications to the prior strategic plan in response to internal and external changes.
This is an unpaid position with excellent opportunity for exposure to ISPU leaders, resources, and research, and professional growth in nonprofit strategic planning and board activities. Preferred timing would be 20 hours/week, May 1–September 1, but hours and start date can be flexible for the right candidate.
Fully remote – All work will be done by phone, video conference, and email
Ideal Candidate Profile
Ability to take clear notes, capture key insights from detailed documents/interviews, and write high-level written materials.
Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
Professional, clear, and articulate in all written and verbal communications.
Completed or near-completed bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, writing, administration, or social sciences preferred.
Excellent abilities in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Calendaring/Drive, and other basic working tools.
- Gather and manage all main reference materials (internal documents, external reports, etc.) for task force review.
- Provide high-level summary of detailed documents when required.
- Manage portal (document drive/library) as needed.
- Work with stakeholders (ISPU Board, ISPU staff, ISPU scholars, ISPU partners, etc.) to collect additional information/documents and schedule interviews.
- Participate in key stakeholder interviews and internal task force meetings; develop agendas and provide notes/minutes from each discussion.
- Provide administrative support to task force members related to the project: Schedule team meetings, schedule stakeholder interviews, develop agendas, provide notes/minutes, and plan logistics for one in-person working session.
- Write draft strategic plan (based on current strategic plan).