The Research Project Manager is a critical member of the ISPU research team, responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of ISPU’s research projects from conception to implementation to evaluation. The Research Project Manager also supervises contracted project staff and advisors, engages partners and stakeholders, and represents ISPU and its research as needed. This is a one-year contract, full-time position that will be a part of ISPU’s research team and report to ISPU’s Director of Research. Preferably, the position will be based in either Dearborn, Michigan, or Washington, DC, but we will accept all US-based candidates.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Candidates must have a BA in a relevant field and preferably 5+ years related experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, self-starter who takes initiative and is creative about achieving their goals. Excellent attention to detail is a must as is the ability to think strategically. Exceptional interpersonal skills are needed as are all types of communication skills. Deep familiarity and experience with the American Muslim community and context is preferred. Experience in research and project management is highly preferred.
Research Project Management
- Monitor and shepherd research projects through the ISPU pipeline post inception to completion. This includes working with scholars, research team, collaborating organizations, contractors, vendors, copy editors, and graphic designers.
- Work with Director of Research and Outreach Manager to create research project plans including log frames, monitoring and evaluation processes, final outputs, dissemination plans, and budgets.
- Work with Director of Research, Outreach Manager, and Senior Communications Manager to develop a dissemination strategy for each research product.
- Facilitate regular project team meetings, including developing the agenda for the meeting, taking minutes, following up on action items, assigning tasks, and tracking deadlines.
- Assist in project team recruitment, including creating and posting job descriptions, reviewing and interviewing job applicants, and co-creating contracts with Director of Finance.
- Create detailed timelines and WBS (work breakdown structure) to track milestones, tasks, and deliverables.
- Maintain continuous communication with all members of project team.
- Create and maintain file organization system per project.
- Create and maintain processes, forms, and other project-related material such as consent forms, respondent contact letters, etc.
- Procure resources and tools needed for data collection and analysis.
- Work with finance team to develop and track research budgets. Ensure compliance with ISPU and donor/fellow contractual requirements.
- Facilitate the data collection process: recruiting for, handling logistics of, and running focus groups; scheduling phone interviews.
- Work with Development and Research teams to create project presentations and project updates for community events and donor updates.
Representation and Engagement
- Represent ISPU and its research with community and policy partners as needed.
- Present ISPU research at conferences, community centers, and other venues as needed.
- Engage relevant stakeholders as needed.
Classification, Compensation, and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. The person(s) in the position will be hired on a one-year, contract basis that is funding dependent. Benefits include employer-provided healthcare, a 401k plan, and 15 paid vacation days. The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000.