To apply for this position, email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Outreach and Partnerships Manager, a key member of ISPU’s research team, is responsible for developing programmatic partnerships, ensuring that ISPU research reaches key audiences, developing and maintaining relationships with ISPU scholars, overseeing impact education projects, and tracking programmatic impact.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- BA in a relevant field and preferably 5+ years related experience. MA preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, self-starter who takes initiative and is creative about achieving their goals.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must as is the ability to think strategically.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are needed as are all types of communication and presentation skills.
- Deep familiarity and experience with the American Muslim community and context is preferred.
- Experience in research, education, training, or public policy are highly preferred.
- Willingness to work some nights, weekends and to travel essential.
- Develop a streamlined and transparent research process including research review and communications process, monitoring and evaluation of research projects, event management systems, benchmarking against ISPU priority areas, and working with scholars and research team to manage projects.
- Assist Project Manager in monitoring and shepherding additional research projects through the ISPU pipeline from inception to completion. This includes working with scholars, research team, copy editors, and graphic designers.
- Work with Director of Research and Project Manager to create research project plans including log frames, monitoring and evaluation processes, final outputs, dissemination plans, and budgets.
- Work with Director of Research, Project Manager, and Senior Communications Manager to develop a dissemination strategy for each research product, including identifying stakeholders, community leaders, policy makers, and media outlets for dissemination.
Cultivation and Engagement of Stakeholders
- Maintain and update ISPU scholar and experts database.
- Create and maintain a database of community organizations, community leaders, advocates, policy makers, and government staff working on the issues relevant to ISPU.
- Assist Director of Research with relationship-building efforts, including setting up meetings, researching leads, disseminating ISPU reports, etc.
- Closely follow national community development and policy developments in Washington, DC, and inform Director of Research about new ideas for ISPU’s work.
- Regular scholar and advisory board/project team engagement.
- Support the identification of networking opportunities and attend networking events as requested.
- Plan and organize logistics for research events, briefings, convenings, webinars, and conferences.
- Plan and manage successful ally, partner, community, and policy events and other communication opportunities.
- Seek and manage opportunities for sharing ISPU’s research including identification of conferences and other outlets, writing and submission of abstracts, and working with scholars on presentations.
- Monitoring and evaluation of research projects throughout all phases.
- Engagement with stakeholders for assessment of impact.
- Tracking and reporting of ISPU impact utilizing ISPU’s impact framework.
Research Planning General
- Support development and implementation of a streamlined and transparent research process including research review and communications process.
- Maintain research manual up to date.
- Assist with the planning of Research Retreats.
- Streamline and suggest ways to improve our research systems and processes.
- Facilitate weekly research team meetings with Director of Research and Project Manager including taking notes and following up on action items.
ISPU is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate in hiring decision based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, and genetic information.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
- Employer provided health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation (up to 5 weeks with 5+ years of service)
- 12 days paid office holidays
- Professional development opportunities