June 26 is the one year anniversary of the Supreme Court decision to uphold the Muslim Ban. On that date, ISPU will join the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative, Justice for Muslims Collective, and Advocates for Youth in hosting an event to explore the history and impact of structural Islamophobia. Our panel of experts that will discuss the law surrounding the Ban, links between societal and systematic Islamophobia, and frameworks to understand Islamophobia. We will provide analysis alongside calls to action to challenge structural Islamophobia at its roots, resist systemic bigotry of all kinds, and amplify the voices of people currently impacted by the Ban today.
- Dalia Mogahed, Director of Research at the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding
- Abed Ayoub, National Legal & Policy Director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee
- Dr. Maha Hilal, Co-director of Justice for Muslims Collective
- Vanessa Taylor, Advocates for Youth
- Iman Hassan, Center on Conscience & War
- Namira Islam, Co-founder and Community Engagement Director of the Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative